Help to Buy
Available on eligible properties
Help to Buy
Help to Buy is a Government initiative designed to offer financial help to new and existing homeowners. Whether you’re a first time buyer or a homeowner looking to move, there are Help to Buy options available.
An Equity Loan is a low-interest loan from the Government towards your deposit, allowing you to buy 100% of your home.
- Just 5% deposit required
- The Government will lend you up to 20% of your purchase price
- You need to take out a mortgage for the remaining 75%
- Pay back the loan after 25 years or when you sell your home
- Pay back part or all of your loan at any time.
- Available for first time buyers and homeowners looking to move
- Only available on new-build homes
- The purchase price must be under £600,000.
Eligible applicants will be offered an equity loan of up to 20% of the purchase price by the HCA who will hold a second charge on the property.
Applicants are required to find the balance of the purchase price by a deposit and a repayment (not interest only) mortgage.
Applicants are required to obtain their mortgage from a qualified lending institution.
The Equity loan is repayable upon sale based on the relevant percentage of the sale value.
In any event it must be repaid by the 25th anniversary.
There is no interest in the first five years. The interest rate in the sixth year is 1.75% per annum payable on the amount funded originally but reduced to reflect any partial repayment. The rate increase each year thereafter by RPI + 1% per annum and will never reduce. Interest is payable monthly.