Help to Buy
Available on eligible properties
Help to Buy
Help to Buy is a Government initiative designed to offer financial help to new and existing homeowners. Whether you’re a first time buyer or a homeowner looking to move, there are Help to Buy options available.
An Equity Loan is a low-interest loan from the Government towards your deposit, allowing you to buy 100% of your home.
- Just 5% deposit required
- The Government will lend you up to 20% of your purchase price
- You need to take out a mortgage for the remaining 75%
- Pay back the loan after 25 years or when you sell your home
- Pay back part or all of your loan at any time.
- Available for first time buyers and homeowners looking to move
- Only available on new-build homes
- The purchase price must be under £600,000.
If you can’t afford the mortgage on 100% of a home, you have the option to buy a share in the property and pay rent on the remaining share.
- Buy between 25-75% of a home, and pay rent on the rest
- Available for first time buyers, those who used to own a home but can no longer afford to, and households earning less than £80,000 a year
- You can buy more of your home after you become the owner
- Shared Ownership properties are leasehold.
To find out more about Help to Buy, please visit www.helptobuy.gov.uk